So... why am I not posting anything new? The truth is I still haven't finished texturing the UD-17L yet... well it's almost finished but I just couldn't find enough free time to complete it.
What's the topic about? THE SWITCH ofcourse. "WTF?!!" some might think... well... I figured one day that maya runs a lot better under linux (interface wise) so I've decided to get rid of the good-old-and-comfortable XP and install Fedora Core 2. Reasons?
- maya runs better (under windows my marking menus in maya 6 slow down after the scene gets complicated)
- i can install FireGL drivers on my old R8500 (that's a BIG plus, can't do that under windows)
- new versions of shake are available (I found out how great app it is thanks to zoomzoom)
- linux has better memory management (or so they say, but with 1GB windows still uses swap even if it has ~750MB of phisical mem free - what the hell is up with that shit???!!!)
- always good to learn something new
- check out this [link]
sweet gnome mod - how can you NOT like it?
This is my second attempt at switching to linux. I hope this one goes better... I'm going to install W2k on a 5GB partition for purposes of... scanning and printing - damn Lexmark didn't bothered to write Linux drivers for the P3120 all-in-one.
Here I go wish me luck. I'm trying to prove Linux is a good system for a graphics workstation here